Saturday, March 6, 2010

fire alarm

This is a busy week, projects work, presentation and cases study, all my classmates feel the heat. I have not got much sleep. Thursday(March 4) night, I was reading my case study for business of software platform course, the fire arm went off. The speaker announced the evacuation.

I looked at the clock, almost midnight, and so much reading to finish. well, take my bag pack, coat and emergency bag(passport, legal docs and 3 days emergency kit) and run out. Every since my experience in Feb. 2000 Iowa middle of evening evacuation, I learned my lesson and prepared just in case.

It was cold outside. When you have so many students outside, you started chatting, i ended up meeting a Portuguese Ph.D. in energy, I got some basic energy 101 study from the conversation, while fire track got here. It was quite a scene. In the end, the cause of first floor big smoke and fire was generated in the kitchen. One of students misused the oven, instead of baking, she used boiling. Well, you can imagine that, somehow, the story is not new to me.

That was a long evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment